Credit report errors and inaccuracies can wreak havoc on your credit score and make it almost impossible to improve it. Unfortunately, errors are more common than you think. A Consumer Reports investigation found that over one-third of credit reports contained errors.
If you’re trying to repair your credit and think you may have errors on your report, Sky Blue Credit can help.
Who is Sky Blue Credit Repair?
Sky Blue Credit is a credit repair agency that has been in business since 1989. They help customers repair their credit and suggest solutions to optimize their credit scores. They offer flexible solutions that can be tailored to your needs.
Customers often turn to Sky Blue Credit when they’re looking to:
- Buy homes
- Rebuild their credit
- Get rid of debt collectors
Sky Blue is a customer-centric organization, and they work closely with individuals to help them find a path back to healthy credit.
Sky Blue Credit can help your credit in many ways, but it’s essential to understand what they can and cannot do.
The organization focuses primarily on challenging credit report errors. Their knowledgeable staff can help identify inaccuracies and dispute them to help improve your credit. In many cases, these errors and inaccuracies are due to identity theft, but some are violations of reporting rules.
Along with identity theft credit repair help, Sky Blue can offer some recommendations on how to optimize your credit score.
Errors in your credit report can have a significant impact on your score. Disputing and correcting these errors can have an immediate impact on your score. It will also make it easier to take other steps to raise your score and get your credit back on track.
Here’s How the Process Works
To get started repairing your credit, Sky Blue will request copies of your credit report from the three credit bureaus: Experian, TransUnion and Equifax.
Once they have copies of your credit report, the Sky Blue Credit team will review it with a fine-toothed comb to ensure there aren’t any errors.
If errors or inaccuracies are spotted, the team will dispute them. The letters sent by Sky Blue will outline the erroneous information that needs to be removed from your report.
You can send up to 15 disputes (5 per bureau) every 35 days.
If you’re not sure whether Sky Blue will be a good fit for you, they offer a free consultation. You can request your consultation online through their website or by calling their office.
Services Sky Blue Credit Repair Offers
Sky Blue Credit offers several services to help with credit repair, including:
Sky Blue offers a professional analysis of credit reports to identify:
- Reporting errors that are difficult to spot, such as multiple collectors reporting the same debt.
- Risky disputes that need to be approached with caution and care.
The expert analysis offered by Sky Blue puts them a step ahead of the competition.
Rather than sending the same dispute letters for every customer, Sky Blue will create custom disputes to increase the chances of success. If the credit bureau verifies the disputed information, the company will send a customized response to challenge their decision.
Statute of Limitation Research
Before sending a dispute, Sky Blue will conduct statute of limitation (SOL) research. If you have a collection that is still within the SOL, they will alert you of the issue and discuss it with you first.
If a debt is outside of the SOL, it is often negotiable and can give you an advantage.
Score Assistance and Credit Rebuilding
Sky Blue Credit can provide recommendations on how to optimize your score once all errors have been disputed and removed from your credit report. These recommendations may include secured credit cards and other strategies to help you start rebuilding your credit.
If you have any questions during your membership, you can call the team at Sky Blue anytime for help or schedule a session whenever it’s most convenient for you.
Sky Blue Credit offers credit repair services, but they also provide extra services, like:
- Debt validation
- Cease and desist letters
- Goodwill letters
- Debt settlement consultations
These services can further help repair your credit or provide you with some relief from collection agencies.
It’s important to note that Sky Blue Credit does not help with legitimate debt. They only offer assistance with disputing errors and inaccuracies on credit reports. You will need to take additional steps to pay down legitimate debt.
How Much Does Sky Blue Credit Cost?
Sky Blue offers affordable member pricing for both individuals and couples.
Here’s how it works for individuals:
- You pay nothing to sign up for an account and submit your information.
- You pay $79 in six days to cover the cost of review/setup.
- You pay another $79 in one month for your first monthly fee.
For couples, the cost is $119 for the review/setup and $119 per month.
There are no upgrade charges. You can pause your membership whenever you like, and you’re free to cancel anytime. Also, there are no additional fees for obtaining your credit reports.
How Long Does It Take?
One of the first questions that you may have about Sky Blue Credit is: how long will it take to see results?
The length of time it takes to repair your credit will depend on several factors, including:
- How quickly the credit bureaus respond
- The number of issues you want to dispute
- How much credit rebuilding you require
If you have many disputes, the process can take a while. Sometimes, the credit bureaus do not comply with dispute letters, so they may need to re-send them.
Rebuilding your credit is not a quick process. It will take some time to see results, so it’s important to be patient and have realistic expectations.
Sky Blue Vs. Lexington Law
Sky Blue and Lexington Law are two of the industry titans, and if you’re searching for credit repair, there’s a good chance that these are two of your top choices. Sky Blue is our choice when comparing the two.
- Sky Blue costs less than Lexington Law. The lowest package that Lexington offers starts at $95.95 – much higher than just a few years ago.
- Lexington doesn’t offer a guarantee of any kind, so if the service doesn’t work for you, your money is gone.
- Sky Blue has its own customer service team in the United States. The team is highly trained and can help you with any issues you have.
Both companies offer an excellent service, but for a lower price, better customer service and a money-back guarantee, our choice between the two is Sky Blue Credit.
Pros and Cons
Sky Blue Credit does a lot of things right, and there’s a reason that they’re surpassing the competition: they’re the real deal.
- Communication is 100% customized
- Staff is honest – they don’t upsell you the entire time
- Long history of helping people repair their credit
- Customer service is knowledgeable
- 90-day guarantee allows you to cancel without losing money
- Results are never guaranteed
Sky Blue Credit doesn’t guarantee its service. Unfortunately, there are some customers who have destroyed their credit, and the only thing to correct the issue is making drastic long-term changes.
Where Sky Blue Credit Exceeds Expectations
Sky Blue Credit exceeds many users’ expectations. A few of the standout parts of their service include:
- Customer service: If you’ve used other services and know how unresponsive they can be when you first sign up, you’ll love the friendly customer service this company offers. Customer service works to answer all of your questions, even if you’re not a customer.
- Guarantee:Sometimes, items cannot be removed from your report, or your score doesn’t increase. Sky Blue backs its service with a 90-day money-back guarantee.
- Education: Sky Blue doesn’t just fix issues and leave you in the dark about what happened. The company is more than willing to assist and educate you on issues that you might not know exist on your report.
- Added Services: How many credit repair companies go the extra mile for their customers? Not many. Sky Blue offers additional services, such as sending out cease-and-desist letters for you or performing debt validation.
Plus, when you need a customized solution to your debt, you can be confident that Sky Blue offers it. The company is more than willing to help you succeed, even if they don’t land you as a client.
In fact, many reviews mention that the person wasn’t the ideal client for Sky Blue. And instead of the company pushing the sale without being able to help the customer, they were 100% honest.
In some cases, the customer was better off using a different service from Sky Blue, but in other cases, the potential customer simply wouldn’t benefit from the service. Anyone familiar with the credit repair industry knows this level of honesty is a rarity.
Sky Blue Credit Repair Reviews
What are people saying about this company? Luckily, there are a lot of reviews online from people that have used Sky Blue with great success. A few of the reviews that really stood out were:
- Dave H, on BBB, stated that the company helped remove multiple items from his credit report when his score was in the 500s. He’s improved his score enough to buy a condo.
- Jeremiah, on BBB, states that in just two months, Sky Blue helped him improve his credit score by 40 points on all three credit bureaus.
- Ky C., on Google, is on her second try with the company after great success the first time. She loves the consultation process and the easy way to upload files to the portal.
- Mickey, on Google, states that, unlike Lexington, all of the support reps are in the United States. Monthly calls for reviews were a highlight of his experience, and his scores have improved by 20 – 27 points so far.
Reviews on both Google and Better Business Bureau are relatively positive, with a few people stating that their credit score didn’t improve enough. Unfortunately, there are some people the service can’t help, and that’s why there’s a 90-day guarantee to recuperate your money if the service doesn’t work for you.
Sky Blue Credit FAQs
How Do You Cancel Sky Blue Credit?
Canceling Sky Blue Credit is easy, and with the 90-day guarantee, you might recuperate all of your money for using the service. You can cancel your account in a few ways:
- Sign in to your account and cancel
- Call or email the company
You can also pause your account, so if you need additional help in the future, it’s fast and easy to start up again.
What Can Sky Blue Remove from My Credit Report?
Sky Blue works to repair your credit, and many people that have had their identity stolen have used the service with great success. You can have illegitimate debts removed from your report. If the debt is legitimate and the credit issuer can provide proof of the debt, the item is unlikely to be removed.
Can Deleted Items Go Back on My Credit Report?
Yes. On rare occasions, it’s possible that items deleted from your credit report can show back up. Credit bureaus can re-report items within 5 days of removal.
Sky Blue Credit Repair is a great choice for most people who are struggling with errors on their credit reports or who are trying to overcome identity theft. With a 90-day guarantee, you have nothing to lose by trying out their service for yourself.